Monday, October 10, 2005

To the Grindstone

I'm applying for jobs today, as well as contacting leads for freelance work. The glamour of unemployment has lost its sheen. I'll be pleased if just one of these people/places gets back to me. I don't want to work at Peet's slinging overroasted coffee grounds if I can help it. Economizing is no big deal to me--it's debt that freaks me out. I can make due with a thin, steady trickle of money. That's the tough thing about freelancing: money comes in gushes that very quickly dry up.

My haircut seems to be settling into itself a little better now. It's not so silly-looking, but it could still benefit from a trim. I wanna go off the unemployment I.V., but at the same time I really, really want a real haircut. And boots, tall leather boots with a stacked heel that's not *too* tall. Cordovan color. Is that too much to ask for? Um, yes. Yes, it is.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Get 'em!

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home