Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Livewire Recap

I ate seven oatmeal cookies and an apple for dinner. Maybe it was for dessert, I'm not sure. I had a late lunch/early dinner in Santa Rosa, a hamburger and fries with my friend Gary. My diet today has not been very balanced. Now that Joe and I are married we are going to get fat. I can feel it in my bones, we are slowly becoming less like our original bony selves.

I didn't even run today. I got suited up in the gear and everything, but halfway down the block I thought better of it and decided I'd get to Santa Rosa too late if I took the time to run. IO usded the time to prep some food for the dinner I'm making tomorrow night. My writing group is coming over. I should be prepping things now, but after the apple and cookies I got off-task.

Tonight I read at Zebulon's. It was a good night. Matt read a hilarious piece about the Leprachaun movies. I read about getting drunk and vomiting--one of my favorite things to write about. It's a nasty way to go about getting your material, though. People laughed at my puke story and it made me feel good. I really enjoy reading humiliating stories in front of people and I miss the satisfaction of giving chocolate factory tours. I guess if I can talk about the history of chocolate and the chocolate-making process for an hour, I can talk about any other crap for an hour, too, and make it sound good if I try hard enough. I could do a whole monologue of puke stories, but they all begin and start the same: I drink too much, then I puke.

In the puke story I read tonight, I refered several times to the '80s cover band Tainted Love as crappy and bad dressers. After I read my story, the friendly bartender said that he's friends with Tainted Love's keyboard player, and I felt sort of silly after saying such awful things about Tainted Love sucking. Well, I thought they did kind of suck, but they seemed to be capable musicians enjoying themselves. I think I don't care for '80s cover bands, period.

Oh, Joe just walked in from practice. Where was I going with this? Oh, I saw Jennifer, who I met at Zebulon's once before, and we talked about blogs before I skedaddled home to eat cookies for dinner. Thanks for coming!

2 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

No get fat! We will be fine. Just stop eating cookies and crap like that for dinner. But those cookies are good!!!

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'twas a great story. Sara opened the evening like a punk band full of piss & vinegar. The Ramone family would be proud.
I think my good wife showed her tits to Tainted Love. That is the spell of the 1980s that makes people do strange things, like Pat.

Matthew Pamatmat

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home