Monday, September 12, 2005

Looking for Work

I just spent about an hour online, looking around at different web pages for work. What a drag. I guess that's what it takes to find a job, but there seems to be a human element missing. The last two jobs I had I found on Craigslist, so maybe that will happen again. Maybe not. If I get a job locally, I don't want it to be too demanding or commital--part-time for sure. Being on unemployment makes me nervous.

But I'm also trying to focus and to write. That's going okay--it could go better, but I'm trying. It's hard to keep from getting distracted, because I keep thinking I'm being lazy and indulgent. I suppose that's the bane of all writers. I have big problems sitting for hours at a stretch. Four is my maximum. That goes for all desk jobs. So I have to harness the energy I have in the monring, just like I am now. We'll see if I get a job. I'm restless, but I think a lot of it is financial.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home