Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Health Is a Sham

I just applied for an individual health insurance plan through my current HMO. What a drag. I thought me and Joe getting hitched would bring an end to my self-employed woes of living on the uninsured edge, but his work's health plan for dependents and spouses is a rip-off: $158 per pay period! What kind of malarkey is that? That's over $300 a month! Dude, I could get cheaper health coverage by calling an ambulence for house calls.

But it is important to be insured. When did health insurance begin, anyway? What are its origins? It's such a first-world concept: pay money to stay healthy. Well, I'm in pretty tip-top shape, physically, but I do like to get my girl parts checked out once a year just for peace of mind. Plus you never know what might happen...a car wreck, cancer, whatever. What I think about is how someday I'll get pregnant, and how expensive that will be. Maybe there will be a good midwife where we are by then.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Oh, I wish I could have added you to my plan, I still can, but it is really expensive--the HR person even warned me that it was. This firm's benefits program sucks!

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home