Thursday, July 28, 2005

Morning Sickness

Urgh. Every morning when I get out of bed, they attack. Allergies. Sneezing and snot and swollen eyes. The allergies persist throughout the day to lesser degrees, but they are always worst the first hour I'm up. It bites. What the heck am I allergic to? I've never had allergies before. Perhaps I'm allergic to morning. Perhaps I just need to get up earlier to beat the allergies. Jim Croce is playing again. I love 70s easy adult rock. It's the best, 70s AM rock (or is that 70s FM rock? I was just a wee thing at the time, I don't know). A scholar of rock history is taught to despise everything non-punk and non-glam that the 70s stood for, but I love mellow FM rock. If music sounds good, like it--that's pretty simple. Being good is cool, that's what I say. So all (well, most--a lot) of these Pitchfork bands around now, they are not cool because they are boring, and therefore not good. I'm picky. I like original-sounding stuff. Why listen to the Faint when you can listen to New Order? Why listen to anything when you can listen to Jim Croce? You don't mess around with Jim.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Jim Croce obsessed!
Eh!

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always found Croce's sound derivitive of Leo Sayer. He was a singer songwriter dude, also a mid-westerner. If i remember right he mentored croce for a few years b4 he really broke through. Earned a co-writing credit on "Jim" as well as "Operator" Vh1's behind the music called Leo the mind behind the troubled croce....
You make me feel like dancing/i wanna dance the night away

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home