Friday, July 22, 2005

My Mission

This morning I ate two individual tomato aspic molds for breakfast, along with two pieces of multigrain toast. Mmm-good! I think I'm a little hungover, and nothing comforts the hungover tummy like a nice, easy-eating tomato aspic. It's like a blood mary withour the vodka, so it's much more wholesome. Full of lycopene, too. So while breakfasting on this forgotten delicacy, I realized that it's my mission to revive gel cookery. We are losing our gelatin salad heriatge. And some gelatin salads are good--I mean it! It's summer, and gel cookery coulsn't be easier or more refreshing. I have all kinds of cookbooks to assist me in my mission: Knox On-Camera Recipes, The New Joys of Jell-O, plus about 50 assorted Better Homes & Gardens nd Betty Crocker volumes from the 1950s, '60s and '70s. Get ready, world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home