Friday, October 28, 2005

Please, No '00 Revival

The comment sparring on my last post reminded me of a song by Mike Watt: "The Kids of Today Should Defend Themselves Agains the 70s." Eddie Vedder sings guest vocals on it, which now seems very '90s to me. Fetishizing decades seems to me to be very 20th Century. Did folks in, say, 1180 get all nostalgic for 1150?

I hope when I'm 50 there's won't be a big resurgance of the 2000-oughts. I think this decade, as far as trends and culture, is pretty crummy. Even in crummy times there's something decent to rally around somewhere, so I'm not complaining too much. But I don't want low-waisted flared designer jeans to come back in. Ick.

Remember the Sad 13 Challenge? It's now a contest, to be announced officially next week in the Bohemian. I started a blog for it: www.sad13challenge.blogspot.com. Please make a CD and enter.

4 Comments:

Blogger factory_peasant said...

i didn't get to see the deleted post so i have no idea what went down.

guess it was colorful, eh?

10:51 AM  
Blogger .. said...

I'm actually kinda stoked about this. Does "Margarita-ville" speak to you guys of sorrow like it does me? I think that my cd is gonna be sad in a way that no one has ever imagined sadness. It's really gonna rip off a piece of your soul and place it in a little box marked "love don't live here anymore".

1:09 PM  
Blogger factory_peasant said...

that link for the sad13challenge doesn't work. i keep getting a bad DNS error. what's up?

1:21 PM  
Blogger factory_peasant said...

i figured it out. it's www.sad13challenge.blogspot.com

the link doesn't work in your post tho...

and yes, i agree no more retro decade stuff in general would be a step in the right direction. especially no 00 revivals. hopefully such a useless thing will never happen.

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home