Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Rain Comes in on Lightfoot

Woke up to rain this morining. That's fine with me. I should be staying inside today, trying to write and stuff.

In bed, listening to the raindrops against the window, I realized Danger Bike was out on our back patio, getting wet. I imagined it rusting up into one big mass of ferrous crud, which was distressing to me. I didn't want it to get more messed up than it already is.

I put it in the garage. Seemed okay. Yesterday I didn't write a blog entry because I was working on my book. Maybe that will be the case every day from now on. Blog: good. Book: better.

It's a good morning for Gordon Lightfoot. We have four Lightfoot records. Anyone who dirts Lightfoot can go to hell. He's awesome.

5 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

For everyone who does not like Lightfoot and listens to Beck, especially his Sea Change album, I can tell you how Beck TOTALLY rips off Lightfoot all the way from vocal delivery to arrangement and production of songs. So, if you are a Beck fan and don't enjoy or can appreciate Mr. Lightfoot, then you are a huge hypocrite, and should burn yr Beck albums. He's a Scientologist anyway. Lightfoot is not.

9:54 AM  
Blogger factory_peasant said...

i don't dig anything from the 70s. horrible decade, really.

people like Beck who emulate the 1970s in their music are even worse than the poor clueless souls who pioneered those substandard trends in music to begin with.

i couldn't wait for the seventies to die back then, and i keep waitig for them to die... again.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

To each their own, I s'ppose...

2:23 PM  
Blogger factory_peasant said...

yeah. by the way, i don't mean to be offensive to you or lefty or anything. i like her writing alot that's why i keep on comin back.

i just hate the 70s really really bad. mhmmm. wanted to be clear on that...

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home