Monday, March 13, 2006

TV Hangover

Ugh. I'm at my parents' house in Ohio. Last night I got stuck in a black hole of cable TV. I could have gone to bed and read "Adam Beade" like a good girl--one can only gain by reading George Eliot--but instead I picked up the remote at 10:55 and didn't set it down intil almost 2am. Revenge of the Nerds was on, and Rosanne and The Cosby Show, and also some behind-the-scenes Food Network show about making their own shows, and then a doc about the fattest man in the world, and then South Park, and then a pretty awful show called Drawn Together. I collapsed in bed in a TV-drunk heap.

This morning I got up after 11am. Pitiful. My head hurt and my mouth was all pasty. I haven't had one drink since hitting Ohio soil, so it's not that. I have had lots of sugar, though. I had a TV attack and as sugar attack (the sugar I consumed prior to the television spree. Perhaps the sugar attack is to blame of the TV attack).

At least I got to see South Park. Revenge of the Nerds was pretty good, too. I'd never seen it. Typically I find 80s teen movies off-putting, but this one packed just the right mix of cliche and--dare I say--freshness. I was especially surprised to find a very fey-gay black man classified as a nerd. And Booger wasn't a nerd so much as a pretty gross stoner. And how many stoners are nerds? Me, I'll take a nerd over a stoner any day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home