Monday, February 20, 2006

Roses and Blogs Are Free

This morning I was a bad person. I ate the last little yogurt in the house. Fruit on the bottom. It's not mine. My husband eats them. But I wanted yogurt, and we were all out of the plain yogurt that I prefer to eat. Plain yogurt has a better texture.

Today is President's Day. Ther library will be closed. The store where I work will be open; I will work there today. Only a half-day. Some people spend more time at the gym than I do at my job. This week I'll only work 16 hours. I need money, too. I've been invoicing this dude for article reprint fees for months and he still has to respond. Maybe it's his spam filter.

This is the shittiest post I've posted in ages. I'm all out of insights. My friend Bryan finished his comic, I SEE ROBOTS. Buy a copy. It's only a dollar. It may be just me, but it seems like $1 Xeroxed zine-thingies are waning in popularity. Blame it on blogs. Blogs are free, so it costs me 0 dollars for no one to read this.

As a failing freelance writer, I read about the media a lot. I keep on seeing articles about blogs. Blogs are not the next--or even the current--big thing, at least in my mind. No one will get rich from blogs. Blogs are fun to write. Contrary to the fun value of this particular post, that's why I write this blog. Not to get attention or exposure, not to make money or break the big new scandal. Nope. I'm just here for the fun.

3 Comments:

Blogger factory_peasant said...

today had particular significance in China. while we were celebrating President's Day here they were celebrating Abraham Lincoln's birthday there.

so happy Chinese Lincoln's Birthday Day!

7:17 PM  
Blogger .. said...

thanks for the plug. How about a link or something. www.ISEEROBOTS.com now with a MESSAGE BORED!

1:24 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Roses and Blogs are free, but don't forget to understand exactly what you put on the tree.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home