Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Redheads Have the Softest Skin

It must be redhead season. I've been noticing more and more every day. They are out walking down the sidewalks, riding in the passenger seats of cars, sitting at the tables of cafes. You can spot them right away, of course, and I spot them faster than anyone.

Redheads, as a collective race, are my muse. They fascinate me. It's beyind any kind of preference, like "I like blondes" or "I like dark hair." True redheads are so rare, so different. I think most people--redheads included--don't properly appreciate these differences. But my redhead streak runs so deep that even quasi-redheads catch my eye. Even if the person is ugly--I just stare, stare at their hair (and, if applicable, freckles).

A few times a year, I seem to notice more redheads out and about. It's heavenly. Red hair is so amazing. Today I saw two and a half redheads (two true redheads and one quasi). Oh! It's pretty gross and fetishistic, I know. Creepy, maybe shallow--it's what is on the inside that counts, right? Well, yeah. But perhaps being a redheads runs more than skin deep, maybe.

Mr. Bir Toujour is a quasi-redhead. He has brownish-red hair and lots of freckles. He hates them. I wonder if he knows that every night when we go to bed, I am so happy to lay next to the zillion freckes on his arms and face.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Jeeez...my freckles are starting to fade away, a little, maybe? My mom always said that when I got older they would go away, but they are taking a freakin' long time to go away, and I'm already old! Anyway, I like that you like my little weird spots. I once tried to make them vanish by smearing a deadly mixture of Comet, bleach, and lemon juice all over my face - I just ended up getting a nasty rash. Fuck it.

4:44 PM  
Blogger inga said...

Not only we seem to have a more beautiful skin, we also smell better than anyone else. And yes, it is scientifically proven, according to this article: http://larosaknows.com/post/1161905699/ever-noticed-how-redheads-just-smell-better-than. I have a bit of a problem about being a redhead. I'm a quasi-redhead, my hair's light-brown-copper but in the sunlight it is very orange-golden-red. Have loads of freckles, I'm extremely pale, a bit pink-ish, because I live in a place where's always so sunny. And my eyes are greengage-brown-deep-blue-ish. Yeah. Weird. I don't consider myself to be a redhead, but my boyfriend does. But from now on I'll consider it - since I am also short-tempered and smell, naturally like lavender. Nice post ;)

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home