Sunday, February 27, 2005

Rain: Give Lifes, Can Annoy

The whole day passed, and I only set foot outside once. It was to take a new jug of All detergent out to the laundry room in the back of our aparment building, an event that must have required twenty-five steps, tops.

Otherwise, I have been in here. Busy all day long: sewing, cleaning, baking, writing. I would have gone running, but it's been pouring since noon. We had some leakage issues with our apartment's crappy cheap mildewed windows, so we stuffed socks into the aluminum tracks where water was streaming in. What a wet day. I didn't even go outside and still I got wet. For a while it let up a bit and I thought I might walk down to the grocery store, but I could not muster the guts to face the damp. Plus it started streaming down really strongly not too long after I opten to remain indoors, so I think it was a sign from God: stay inside, apply yourself.

Really, I have stayed occupied. I think it's a good indication of how much time leading a productive life requires. There's wlays something to cut out; today it was excersie and grocery shopping. On other days, it's cleaning and writing. And, on very few occasions, it's sleeping. But overall, I think it's important to get a good 8 hours of sleep in. Resting the brain makes it more effective in the waking hours. And sleeping feels good. In a few hours, I'll do just that. But tomorrow brings work, and with it the outside world in all of its elements--weather and human.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home