Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Pat and Jennifer Love Hewitt

Yesterday I ate two turkey dogs during my shift. The first was with sun-dried tomato feta sauce, which was gone for a bit and then came back. Sometimes we rotate sauces, and blue cheese didn't cut it for me, so the return of S-DTF was a happy sight.

Turkey dog #2 was with spicy metchup (spicy ketchup and Dijon mustard). I had dog #2 because it was a mistake; sometimes we throw one too many sausages on the grill. And I just can't chuck a good sausage.

Both dogs I gobbled up with animalistic speed. Standing there behind the cart, generally blocked from the view of passersby, I though of the chorus in the song "Jennifer Love Hewitt Litterbox":
In the Jennifer Love Hewitt Litterbox
Little band from Cotati, the Mismatched Socks
It's Patrick at Top Dog, he's gobbling a cock
The Jennifer Love Hewitt Litterbox
The song is by Willard's Canteen, the one-man band of Matt Pamatmat. (Listen to it here.) Pat is a curious fellow, a friend of ours who lives on Dr. Pepper, bacon, and sausage. He can drink a liter of Dr. Pepper in under two minutes. You think I am kidding, and for Pat's sake I wish I were.

Pat's favorite place to eat is Top Dog, the wonderful Berkeley, CA hot dog institution. Top Dog serves what is probably the closest thing to a New York hot dog in the entire San Francisco Bay Area, but they also serve veggie dogs, turkey dogs, brats, hot links, etc. Pat likes the calabrese. I eat hot dogs fast, but Pat has me cornered in the cock-speed department.

So yesterday I did my feeble Pat impression behind the Dogmatic cart. Pat my be fond of the noteworthy Top Dog, but in all other culinary arenas he is suspicious of quality. Dogmatic's baguettes would probably throw him off, although there is a chance he would go for the white cheddar jalapeno sauce.

Today I will try my best to forgo any dogs at work. I am doing a sausage micro-fast. But I am weak, and I may gobble a cock anyway, and as I'm gobbling a cock, I will think of Pat and say, "This dog's for you." And I'll say it with a mouth full of half-chewed sausage.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

It's Sarak at Dogmatic she's goblin' sausages

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gobblin' goblins.
Thanks for the mention.

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home