Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Pigs in Blankets in the Times

Thank god Florence Fabricant wrote about pigs in a blanket in today's New York Times food section. Otherwise, how would we know they are cool again?

Well, to me they were always cool. Mmm. Yes, some crescent roll dough, a package of Li'l Smokies (or maybe Li'l Smokies with Cheese), a quick assembly line, a cookie sheet, twenty minutes in the oven, some Jufran and a bottle of yellow mustard...that's all that it takes.

And yet the Times supplies us with a list of the best pigs in blankets purveyors in the city. Well, I suppose some people can't be bothered to make their own retro-trashy food. I say if you are ordering take-out apps, order something that your seven-year-old can't make on their own. The palpable bile in my tone aside, I'm happy to see mini sausages in the news.

1 Comments:

Blogger .. said...

sara
we have a GANG of tomato from the garden and i wanna jar up some paste or something for the winter. Do you have a yummy recipe that you could send me? Seriously....

audi five

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home