Monday, August 14, 2006

A Sausage by Any Other Name

A S&T reader emailed me his thoughs on my use of the word "cock" when applied to sausage-on-a-bun foodstuffs. He found it unrefined. I agree. But my pal Rev. Pamatmat uses it all of the time, and it I caught the bug.

I've been saying cock because I wanted some variety; "frank" and "hot dog" were becoming tiresome and overused. Let's make a list of nicknames for our little friend Mr. Hot Dog and see if any are worth using again.

-red hot
-frankfurter
-frank
-weiner
-weenie
-tubesteak
-dog
-and, of course, cock

Readers, I need your help--can you think of any I'm forgetting? My list seems awfully short. "Tubesteak" is so gross and funny--it's one of my favorites, but I'll never use it myself; I like hot dogs too much, and I'm not a fan of steaks or tubes.

2 Comments:

Blogger factory_peasant said...

meatpipe.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

You can also call it a "Peentech"

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home