Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Back in Action

I'm taking a break from posting. I still work at the sausage cart and all, but I find that my observations have not been very sausage-related, and I don't want Sausagetarian to morph into an outlet for my frustration at living in New York and working yet another dead-end service job.

Go read some other blog. There are, oh, only about a thousand really good ones out there. I'm busy writing my novel. Check back in a few months when I'm discouraged about novel-writing; maybe I'll be posting again. And thank you for reading!

4 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Post break blog, like post rock, like post modern.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Keep posting! There is always something new to write about...it'll warm you up for your novel writing. Eh! Keep writing those little Bleecker Street Playground poems--I likeded them.

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had a cool Filipino dish at my wife's Fil-Am cousin's house tonight. I don't how to spell it, but it's pronounced "pastel" and is a stew-y chicken dish with carrots, potato, gherkin pickles, and slices of hot dog. Basically Filipino ghetto food. My wife's cousin called the cock slices "hot dogs" and *her* very Filipina mother (who lives with her) corrected her, saying, "They're sausage!" It seemed like a status thing, sausage being somehow more middle-upper class than hot dogs. But they tasted like hot dogs and it was a very unique and intriguing dish. I think they may have been the Filipino "red hot dogs" because I had a slight MSG-esque haze afterward and I am wondering if it is a linguistic/semantic matter: "hot dog" versus "sausage" (because Filipinos have all kinds of crazy dialect translations, like calling ALL toothpastes, no matter the brand, "Colgate").

10:07 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

post again!

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home