Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Apple C

Bryan,

Yeah, I had fun on Saturday. Thanks to you and Maritza for playing host. I tried to trick Joe into thinking that the blue sweater Maritza gave me was actually for him, but I only fooled him for a minute.

The CD is good, maybe the best you have made me so far. Joe likes the Eno song, but he then said "why is there so much rap on this mix?"

I should have brought the CD to work today so I could listen to it. I'm dragging this morning. It's been an interesting week so far. We had a photo shoot in SF for an upcoming Scharffen Berger catalog. It was fun, but a lot of hard work. I was the assistant stylist. This meant I made a chocolate cake, heated up sauce and hot cocoa, rolled truffles...it sounds simple, but somehow it required a full day of standing and scrambling. Photo shoots are fun, I'd be into being a food stylist.

There were a bunch of us there: my manager, the in-house designer, the catalog designer, the photographer, his assistant, the stylist, and me. It was a long day because we had to take 7 complicated shots. 5 in a day is pushing it. But we got everything done without a glitch.

Once we got home from SF, plans were made to go out to Oliveto on the company 's dime. I was beat and really wanted to go home and eat leftover stir-fry and watch Netflix, but you'd have to be a lunatic to pass up a free dinner at Oliveto. I've always wanted to go, and this was my chance...for free! I went home in a fog, threw down my crap, undressed in the hallway, and took a very invigorating shower. Then I read the New Yorker in bed, then Joe came in fomr his walk. "There's a line of crap from the door to you," he said. I was still too tired to pick it up.

Eventually I rallied and made it to the restaurant. Most everyone had cocktails, but I had a nice glass of white wine (some blend of Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonny, odd-sounding but good) and then a bunch of food. My leg of lamb smelled like the spice blend in Kentucky Fried Chicken. I failed to share this observation with the rest of the table.

We ate tons of food. I had only one other glass of wine, but the kitchen sent out plates of very rich pasta (shrimp ravioli and some kind of bucatini with a game sauce) and eventually some desserts. Driving home, I had a very serious BM urge. It stayed with me stongly until I rushed through our apartment door and took a huge, messy, and really stinky poo.

I had awful gas all night long. Joe said my breath smelled awful, too, even though I'd brushed my teeth and rinsed with Cinnamon Act. The ghastly after-vapors of Oliveto were plaguing me from both ends. I had a hard time getting up today.

4 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

I hope that the people reading this don't think that I'm a complete asshole, for I am the Joe that Sarak speaks of. I love Sarak, and all of her weird smells. She makes it seem like I am always mad, or disgruntled, or something. But the truth is, I am happy and very excited to have somebody like Sarak by my side. I am a lucky man.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Lefty said...

Oh, I am very bad about omitting the many wonderful characteristics of Mr. Bir Toujour. I hope his feelings are not hurt. I could write about the good things, but they are almost always mushy and not nearly as funny. Those things I tend to keep private.

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweet, i feel like i have stumbled on some saint valentime's day post. That is holiday in states? Valemtimnes? You two are great at being love. Maybe I will get inbite to fart filled wedding?

10:31 AM  
Blogger .. said...

joe, i don't know if i'd go as far as to say lucky. How about, cursed? Is that like lucky? I get like, opposites and sames mixed up sometimes.
Know what else i mix up? < and > like, greater than and shit.. Who cares about that though? Bryan > Sara, sometimes. Oh, there is so much hip-hop cause i was trying to illustrate to Bir about white kids from off the wall places and their affect on the changing music scene. This is the time of a new hip-hop genesis. Mark my words..

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home